As one of our field trips, we brought in Melissa from True Yoga in Edmonton. She came for two sessions in a row, and I was so happy to see the children get down on the floor and have some fun.
Yoga is very good for children for various reasons.
· It helps children reach full potential of flexibility and encourages them to keep flexible for life
· Strengthens the core of your body for good posture, strong bodies, and better balance, body awareness and coordination
· Offers pressure on parts of the body that doesn’t often get pressure (top of the head) and offers stretches to body parts that aren’t easy to stretch (shoulders, hips, etc)
· Encourages a calming affect on children’s bodies and mind
· Develops a strong and flexible body
· Reduces stress and anxiety
The children and families really enjoyed spending time with Melissa doing yoga.
My favourite part of both sessions over all was the amount of laughter I heard from the parents and children. It was rewarding and very much music to my ears. I also enjoyed the confidence I saw build in the children when they realised what their bodies were capable of doing and how flexible they were.
|Melissa was AWESOME! She really understood how to entertain the children while enjoying yoga|